Journal of Daylighting is the leading journal that publishes original research on all aspects of daylighting. The aim is to present cutting edge research aimed at reducing the electric lighting energy use in buildings and improving indoor environment.
Types of Papers
Journal of Daylighting accepts following papers:
- Original papers
- Review articles
- Short communications
- Book reviews
Authors should produce a manuscript that can be reviewed on its own. Each submission will be considered on its own merits.
Manuscript Processing and Publishing Fees
Solarlits is doing all services to authors free of costs.
Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis or as an electronic preprint), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, it will not be published elsewhere including electronically in the same form, in English or in any other language, without the written consent of the copyright-holder.
Publication ethics and publication malpractice statement
Read publication ethics and malpractice statement on the following page: http://solarlits.com/publication-ethics.html
This journal offers authors to publish their research open access.
- Articles are freely available to both subscribers and the wider public with permitted reuse.
- An Open Access publication fee is payable by authors or their research funder.
- All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download.
Permitted reuse is defined by your choice of one of the following Creative Commons user licenses:
Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY): lets others distribute and copy the article, to create extracts, abstracts, and other revised versions, adaptations or derivative works of or from an article (such as a translation), to include in a collective work (such as an anthology), to text or data mine the article, even for commercial purposes, as long as they credit the author(s), do not represent the author as endorsing their adaptation of the article, and do not modify the article in such a way as to damage the author's honor or reputation.
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA): for non-commercial purposes, lets others distribute and copy the article, to create extracts, abstracts and other revised versions, adaptations or derivative works of or from an article (such as a translation), to include in a collective work (such as an anthology), to text and data mine the article, as long as they credit the author(s), do not represent the author as endorsing their adaptation of the article, do not modify the article in such a way as to damage the author's honor or reputation, and license their new adaptations or creations under identical terms (CC BY-NC-SA).
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs (CC BY-NC-ND): for non-commercial purposes, lets others distribute and copy the article, and to include in a collective work (such as an anthology), as long as they credit the author(s) and provided they do not alter or modify the article.
To provide Open Access, this journal has a publication fee which needs to be met by the authors or their research funders for each article published Open Access.
Your publication choice will have no effect on the peer review process or acceptance of submitted articles.
This journal offers authors to publish their research open access.
To read CrossMark policy, please visit the following page: http://solarlits.com/policies/crossmark-policy.html
Please write your text in good English (American or British usage is accepted, but not a mixture of these). Authors who feel their English language manuscript may require editing to eliminate possible grammatical or spelling errors and to conform to correct scientific English may wish to use the English Language Editing service.
Collate acknowledgements in a separate section at the end of the article before the references.
Please write contributions each author in the manuscript after Acknowledgement.
Please submit, with the manuscript, the names, addresses, and e-mail addresses of three potential referees.
Note: The editor retains the sole right to decide whether or not the suggested reviewers are used.
Please use wordprocessing software to prepare the manuscript and save the file in the native format of the wordprocessor used. (Accepted formates indlude: .doc or .docx)
- The text should be in single-column format.
- Use font: Times New Roman, size: 10, single spacing.
- Do use bold for Title and headings.
- Keep the layout of the text as simple as possible.
- In particular, do not use the wordprocessor's options to justify text or to hyphenate words
- However, do use bold face, italics, subscripts, superscripts etc.
- If no grid is used, use tabs, not spaces, to align columns.
- To avoid unnecessary errors you are strongly advised to use the "spell-check" and "grammar-check" functions of your wordprocessor.
- Before inserting images in the file, select the option in the wordprocessor by going to File → Options → Advanced → Image Size and Quality → do not compress images in file.
- Insert figure without using the text box.
- Number fIgures (e.g., Fig. 1) consecutively in accordance with their appearance in the text.
- Use font size: 8 for Figure caption.
- For figure annotations and labels, use Times New Roman font format.
- When preparing tables, if you are using a table grid, use only one grid for each individual table and not a grid for each row.
- Number tables consecutively in accordance with their appearance in the text.
- Use font size: 8 for table caption.
- List: Number the references (numbers in square brackets) in the list in the order in which they appear in the text.
- Reference to a journal publication:  I. Ullah, Development of Fresnel-based CPV System with Uniform Illumination, Journal of Daylighting 1 (2014) 1-6.
- Reference to a book:  W. Strunk Jr., E.B. White, The Elements of Style, fourth ed., Longman, New York, 2000.
- Reference to a conference publication:  I. Ullah, Development of daylighting system with uniform illumination and its comparison, in: International Conference on Sustainable Lighting and Light Pollution, 2014, pp. 193-200, South Korea.
Please save all material of the paper (figures, tables, and text) as a single file.
File for submission
Save cover letter (optional), referees, and manuscript as a single file (.doc or .docx). PDF file is not acceptable.
Submit your article
To submit a manuscript, please use our online submission and tracking system. http://solarlits.com/account/login.html